Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
JACKIE II. 277373 Built by T.D. Vinette Co., Escanaba, Mich. in 1958, for John Cross Fisheries, Charlevoix, Mich. The 53 ft. x 14 ft. steel hulled vessel was equipped with a 250 hp. Cummins diesel. Cross eventually sold the boat to Jack Evanow, Port Wing, Wis., and bought her back in the late 1990s. After a few years Cross sold the boat to Anderson Fisheries, Sheboygan, Wis. In 2000 Dean Halvorson bought her from Anderson and brought her back to Lake Superior once again. She presently operates out of Cornucopia, Wis. The wood cabin has been rebuilt for a third time.
Photo: at Halvorson Fisheries, Cornucopia, October 2011.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth