Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
MARGARET Built by Peterson Boat Works in 1934, for Joe Schmidt, Algoma, Wis. The 45 ft. x 12 ft. wood hulled vessel was equipped with a Kahlenberg oil engine(size not known), installed at Algoma, and taken from another boat. Schmidt later sold her to Ed Zastrow, Algoma. Again sold to owners in Door County the boat was last operated out of Baileys Harbor, A severe storm in January 1975 resulted in heavy damage to the boat while at a dock at Baileys Harbor. Since that time the boat has been used as a centerpiece in several museum displays.
See also another boat named MARGARET.
Photo: MARGARET on display at Algoma, Wisconsin, courtesy Steve Ceskowski .
contents copyright 2002-2013, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth