Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
AL SHELLSWICK Built by Peterson Boat Works, Sturgeon Bay, Wis., in 1935, for Alfred P. Shellswick, Waukegan, Ill. The boat was 46 ft. in length, with a beam of 13 ft. Original power was a 125 hp. Buda diesel. In 1936, however, the boat was repowered with a 60-70 hp. Kahlenberg oil engine. In 1965 she was still at Waukegan, and owned by Shellswick, but was later sold to Petersen Fisheries, Muskegon, Mich. Boat was shortly dismantled and burned.
Images courtesy of Steve Ceskowski.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth