Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
Built at Bayfield, Wis. in 1938 by her owner, Joseph W. LeBel, 40 ft. x 11 ft. with a square stern and straight stem. The boat was first equipped with a Scripps marine gas engine, and re-powered with a Chrysler Crown gas engine in the early 1940s. In 1963 Harry Nelson, LaPointe, Wis., was the owner. Boat was destroyed after sitting for many years at the Reiten boat yard in Bayfield.
Photos: Above, FAIR-LADY off Basswood Island; below, FAIR-LADY in summer configuration; bottom, during herring season, with removable pilot house and spray hood installed.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth