Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
Built by its owner, Erwin LeBel, in the 1930s, this boat was about 34
ft. in length, and powered with a gas engine. In the mid 1940s it was
lengthened to 40 ft. Used for fishing, and also charter trolling, the
boat had a square stern and was of hard-chine design.
While moored at the Bayfield East Dock in the fall of 1948, the boat
was rammed and sunk by the W.W. HILL.
Following the sinking the boat was dragged ashore and dismantled.
Photos: Top, the ALAN. L at work, some time in the
1930s; bottom, after the accident.