Fishing Vessels of the
Compiled by Harvey Hadland
ZOO BOARD Official No. 222779, 42 ft x 11 ft. Built
in 1923 as the NATCO by Burger Boat Co. for the National Fireproofing
Co., of Chicago, and used as a towing tug. Adapted for fishing in 1936
by Henry Carr, Gary, IN, and used in the fishing industry thereafter.
Briefly owned by Walter Johnson, then sold to E.A. Ludwig, of Chicago,
who owned the boat from 1938 to 1944. A member of the Board of Directors
of the Zoo, Johnson gave the boat a name which reflected his interests.
Sold to Naheem Buckarma, of Oconto WI in 1945, who finally abandoned the
boat in 1958. VIEW PICTURE