Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
SALLIE 266515 Built by Marinette Marine Corporation in 1949, the 42 ft. x 12 ft. all steel vessel was equipped with a 165 hp. Cummins diesel when owned by Stanley Peanaske, Myril Brix, and James Olson, in 1961, when they fished out of Cornucopia, Wis. The boat was later sold and used as a pilot boat at DeTour, MI. Still later Victor Mattson, Wetmore, (Munising) Mich. owned the boat. It is presently drydocked at Sault Ste. Marie.
Photo: the Sallie at Grand Marais, Mich. in 1985.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth