Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
HELEN B. 247050 Built at Pentwater, Michigan, in 1944 by Ed Pedersen for Fred Baginske, St. Joseph, Michigan. Originally powered with an International diesel and later repowered with a Caterpillar D-8800. In 1972, the 44-foot tug was bought by Peterson Fisheries, Muskegon, Michigan. The Caterpillar diesel was removed for use in another boat, and the Helen B. was scrapped.
Photo from Bob Grunst collection.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth