Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
SQUATTER A 40-foot fantail fish tug originally operated out of Marinette, Wisconsin. In the late 1940s, it was owned by William Traeger, Grand Marais, Michigan. In the early 1950s, it was confiscated by Canadian authorities for allegedly operating in Canadian waters. The boat was taken to Mamainse Harbor, Ontario, where it was hauled ashore and abandoned.
Photo: Taken at Grand Marais, MI, 1950; shortly before it was lost to Canadian authorities.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth