Fish Tugs of the Greatest Lake
Built at Muskegon, Mich. in 1955 by Richard Petersen, the 40 ft. x 10 ft. all steel vessel was initially equipped with a 30-36 Kahlenberg oil engine; Owned and operated by The Petersen Fishery, the boat was later re-powered with a D880 Caterpillar diesel. Sold to Lance Kaeding, Michigan City, Ind. The boat was again re-powered.
Bought by Mike Montano, Bayfield, Wis. in 1998, and trucked from Indiana, the boat was equipped with a GM 6-71 diesel.
Photo: ORAL docked at the Bayfield Fish Company slip, 2001; NOREE JO in background.
contents copyright 2002-2016, Harvey Hadland and Bob Mackreth